Tim Austin is a Physiotherapist who specialises in pain management. He graduated from the University of Sydney in Physiotherapy in 1991, working first at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital,Sydney. In 1994, Tim moved to Camperdown Physiotherapy in 1994, where he has been Principal ever since. Part of that work has always included involvement in a multi-disciplinary pain management team.
Tim completed a Masters in Pain Management with Honours in 2007 through the University of Sydney. At the completion of this degree, he was asked to commence with the teaching staff on that degree. He has continued to teach on this worldwide online degree to the present.
Tim continues to be involved in professional organisations, promoting the role of Pain Management in Physiotherapy. He was instrumental in the establishment of a special interest group for pain management physiotherapists through the Australian Physiotherapy Association. He also is involved with the peak body for Pain Management in Australia, the Australian Pain Society, in promoting Physiotherapists’ connections with that body.
Tim has a particular interest in the application of Inter-Disciplinary pain management in a Primary Care setting.
In 2018, Tim was one of the first physiotherapists to be awarded the ascription “Australian Physiotherapy Association – Titled Pain Physiotherapist”, which is the highest level of achievement for a Pain Management Physiotherapist.
Tim’s current appointments are:
- Associate Lecturer, University of Sydney, Teaching Appointment on the Masters of Pain Management programme
- Member of Australian Physiotherapy Association (Pain Network committee member)
- Member of Australian Pain Society (Relationships Committee member)
- Consultant to the Intensive Pain Management Programme, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Sc.Med. (Pain Management) (Hons) 2007 University of Sydney
- B.App.Sc. (Physiotherapy) 1991 University of Sydney